TOP 5 GOOD REASONS TO VISIT MARRAKECH: Why visiting Marrakech should absolutely be on your bucket list? Named the 9th best destination in the world in 2019 according to TripAdvisor’s community, Marrakesh is a must-see in your life! Called the red city because of the color of walls that enclose the old medina, Marrakesh offers a mix of history, traditions, landscapes, tasty food, nice weather and luxury life Discover now our TOP 5 good reasons ti visit this fabulous city!!
1- For the Medina (the old city)
In the heart of the old city of Marrakech, surrounded by red walls, there is the Medina. Labyrinth of more or less narrow streets, home to the famous souks, the Medina is an explosion of colors and scents. Nervous center of the city, it revolves around the famous Jemaa El Fna square and the Koutoubia, the largest mosque in the city. This is the perfect place to dive into the heart of the Moroccan culture.
How to visit the Medina and enjoy it to the fullest?
Medina Walking Tour :
Our guide will make you discover the most beautiful monuments of the medina, share with you his best addresses and learn more about the history of the city. No predefined program, the ride is according to your desires: rather museums, shopping, food lover? Our guide will make you a tailor-made program
Visit the medina in sidecar :
Discover the old city aboard an ultra stylish vehicle, the vintage sidecar! Our guides / drivers are the best to find original places and make you discover life scenes typical of Moroccan culture. There is no predefined program, the visit is based on your interests. An unprecedented ride aboard an original vehicle, perfect for boosting your instagram!
Bike tour of the Medina :
Another original way to discover the old town is to cycle it! Our guide will show you the essential monuments of Marrakech (Jemaa El Fna square, Koutoubia mosque, Royal Palace…) and share with you his secret addresses for an immersive experience accessible to all!
2- For the diversity of the surrounding nature
Marrakech is surrounded by deserts and mountains, making it a perfect starting point to discover very different landscapes.
- The Agafay Desert: located south of Marrakech, Agafay will dazzle you with its desert expanse as far as the eye can see, its particular light and its breathtaking view of the Atlas Mountains. It is moreover a great playground to ride a quad or a buggy
- The Atlas Mountains: Marrakech is at the foot of the Atlas Moutains, which makes it a perfect starting point for many mountain sports! This mythical mountain range is home to many authentic villages where Berber culture is still well present. You can go hiking on one or more days, climb Mount Toubkal, the highest peak in North Africa (4 167m), swim at the foot of Ouzoud waterfalls, even mountain biking or canyoning!!
- The Jbilets desert: this stone desert offers a breathtaking lunar landscape, in which you can indulge in many activities: quad or buggy ride, camel ride, even hot air balloon!!!
3- For its tasty cuisine
- When we think about Morocco, we obviously think of its rich and varied cuisine. Tajine, couscous, tanjia, harira, pastilla, briouates, msemens, pastries or mint tea… The only evocation of these flavors gives us the mouth watering…
- This fragrant cuisine is truly part of the country’s heritage and that’s why as specialists in Morocco. We like to make you discover it.
- Indeed, you can taste our famous mint tea accompanied by msemens (Moroccan pancakes) during our camel rides. Or enjoy a delicious tajine at Hicham if you opt for the combo day quad + camel. Real moments of conviviality combining gastronomy and exchanges with the local people
- Morocco is also the country of street food. Marrakesh has even been ranked among the world’s top destinations for street food by CNN! Wait a few days to try the experiment, the time your body gets used to the change of environment. Among the specialties offered in the stalls of the Jemaa El Fna square, you can enjoy kefta or merguez kebabs, a spicy escargot broth, the famous mechoui, or a sheep’s head!
4- For its hot and dry climate, and its sun all year round
- In Marrakech, the climate is subtropical semi-desert, with mild winters and very hot summers. The city enjoys 300 days of sunshine a year, and rainfall is scarce. The city can be visited all year round
- Winter is mild, but in the evening temperatures can drop below 5°C. This is the best time to admire the snowy peaks of the Atlas in the background, an unforgettable view!
- The summer is very hot indeed, but the hotels are equipped with air conditioning, you can enjoy the swimming pools and many activities are perfect for the summer : the buggy + camel combo, a mountain bike day. A buggy ride in Essaouira, the ascent of Toubkal Mount or M’Goun Mount, or see the sunrise from a hot air balloon. In short, there is always something to do in Marrakech, even with the heat
- The best moments to visit Marrakech are spring and fall, as it is still warm without being stuffy, and rainfall is low
5- For its luxurious services
Marrakech is also known as the city of luxury, thanks to its famous palaces. 5-star restaurants, luxury spas and hammams and charming riads (traditional houses) in the medina. Amongst others, there is the Mamounia and its enchanting gardens. The luxurious Royal Mansour hammam and the refined cuisine of Namaskar Palace.
On the Dunes & Desert side, we also offer luxury experiences, by their exclusive and atypical side. Among others:
- A night in the desert after a quad day, in an unusual luxury desert camp located in an exceptional environment.
- A Royal Balloon Flight, with breakfast catered and champagne in the basket. While you can admire the red city and the Atlas Mountains from the sky.
A private trek “Real Morocco”, in places forgotten by tourists. With a special lunch you will remember for a long time